Tendering Project Manager (M/F)
IDEOL was created in 2010 with the aim of developing both technically and economically viable floating foundation solutions for the offshore wind industry.
Its industry-changing and patented “Damping Pool”® design is compatible with all existing offshore wind turbines. Maximizing local content and optimizing the entire process from construction to installation, maintenance and decommissioning have been the company’s key priorities since day one.
Benefiting from the experience and know-how of a fully integrated team of 60 experts and engineers coming from the offshore oil & gas and renewables industries, the company has commissioned its first full-scale demonstrator (the FLOATGEN project, which is also France’s first offshore wind turbine) and its second full-scale demonstrator has been installed off Japan. Ideol is also involved in the French Mediterranean’s first floating offshore wind farm as well as several other floating projects across the world, positioning the company as a leader in this fast-growing and accelerating market.
Ideol is looking for a Tendering Project Manager (M/F).
Purpose: Reporting to the Tendering Manager and in close collaboration with a team of internal / external specialists, prepares and submits bids on time to customers, with price and technical specifications meeting both Ideol’s as well as the customers’ expectations.
Key responsibilities :
- Read and understand customer’s RFIs / RFQ’s and specifications. Review them in detail with the Tendering Manager, CSMO, and subsidiary Mgr (if applicable) to determine the most appropriate response strategy
- Timely delivery of complete and competitive tender responses
- Ensure the effective coordination of all the internal and external stakeholders in order to prepare and finalize competitive yet technically and economically viable offers
- Tackle and solve all challenges met by the various stakeholders, using all available internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assess all the risks associated to the RFQ (client, planning, cost overruns, political, legal, regulatory, etc. and suggest the appropriate risk mitigation measures to ensure compliance with the company’s internal procedures
- Document each interaction with the customer and partner(s)
- Prepare and present detailed tender reviews with the Tendering Manager for Ideol’s Executive Board (Tender Review Committee)
- Write / prepare the offers in compliance with clients’ formal requirements
- Contribute to the structuring and professionalization of the tendering department, its process, methods, documents and databases.
- A minimum 10-year demonstrated track-record successfully responding to schedule- and budget-sensitive tenders for multi-million euro projects
- Exposure to sizeable and complex international infrastructure projects with a preference for offshore wind and/or renewables
- High-level and cross-functional customer service experience
- A result-driven, creative approach to problem-solving, value-proposition and detail-minded approach to business and customer relations
- Relevant pluridisciplinary and cross-functional team leadership experience
- Ability to work under pressure: ability to deal and structure a great amount of data, to coordinate numerous internal and external partners while sticking to tight deadlines
- Rigorous document and time management skills
- Excellent reading and written English skills to have a very good understanding of nuances in call for tenders and to develop compelling proposals that will meet the requirements and stand out from other bids.
Travels (with very various frequency)
Why joining IDEOL ?
- We are a leader in a fast-growing industry with high growth prospects for the coming years,
- We offer a flexible working environment in an international company,
- You will have the opportunity to work on France’s first offshore wind turbine demonstrator and one of the very first in the world.